It can be hard to figure out how to say what you want to say on an anniversary card or note.
You want to strike the right balance - sincere but not overly sentimental, sounding real but also having that extra touch of romance, bringing a little tear to the eye or choke to the throat, without making them cringe.
Here's a list of previously published quotes, snippets of songs or poems that will hopefully provide some ideas and inspiration for your writing.
Short and Sweet – Anniversary Messages for Cards
- Every year with you is sweeter than the last. Happy Anniversary
- Anniversaries come and go, but my love for you is constant ( or unchanging, everlasting, forever, for always etc.)
- YOU are the love of my life.
- How sweet it is to be loved by you.
- Remember when I said “I do”...well I still do!
- Happy Anniversary to my one and only. I love you.
- Thanks for the wonderful year together. I’d do it again...and again ... and again.
- It doesn’t matter where you go in life, or what you do. It’s who you have beside you that counts.
- True love stories never end.
- Happy Anniversary! Now if I can just remember your birthday this year.
- The best thing about me is you.
- Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- The longer we're married, the more I realise that I got the good end of the deal.
Anniversary Messages for Love Notes, Letters and Messages in a Bottle
He is not a lover who does not love forever [Euripedes]
Love can never grow old.
Locks may lose their brown and gold.
Cheeks may fade and hollow grow –
But the hearts that love will know,
Never winter’s frost and chill,
Summer’s warmth is in them still.
Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be. [Robert Browning]
When I think of love only one thing comes to mind. You.
If I had to choose to do it all again I would marry you again in an instant... I'm not sure about having those kids though!
For thy sweet love remember’d such wealth brings,
That then I scorn to change my state with kings
They all belong to you.
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I’d like to do
Is to save everyday till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you.
The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you,
Not knowing how blind that was.
Lover’s don’t finally meet somewhere,
They’re in each other all along.
If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.
[Alfred Lord Tennyson]
Each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
No matter what happens I know I can depend on you. Maybe that's why I do so many stupid things!
You might also be interested in: